Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Memory Lane 懐かしい...Japan

I LOVE looking at the photos I've taken; particularly those of places I've traveled.

I need a new exercise to keep me writing everyday so I'm going to start making a Memory Lane or 'Natsukashii' exercise for myself.

It's also great to try and recall some of these great places or experiences too.

KAMAKURA






So, these are pictures from our first field trip in Japan the week we arrived.  We went to Kamakura for the day with some elderly folk.  It was a great way to explore a bit but also meet new people.  We saw huge Daibutsu or Buddha statue, explored the town around with fantastically old architecture as well as walk some beautiful gardens.

The one memory that stuck out from this trip was the golden Buddha seen above.  I remember we were all filing past to look at the alter and it's pretty big and impressive and so I wanted to take a picture of it.  I didn't realize there was a sign of No Pictures until after the fact and luckily no one was really there.
"Oh, Shit!" was the first thing I said once I noticed and then I quickly bowed, threw my coins in and bowed again before I scurried off.

Looking back at it, it was an honest mistake but I definitely over reacted and I can chuckle at myself for being so embarrassed with no one there to judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment